Layers of dirt and toxins pile up on the surface of the skin. Sun radiates dangerous UV rays that can speed up skin aging. Using commercial products that have chemicals aggravates its deterioration. These are just some of the factors that add up to skin aging. Essential oils hold the secret to a gentle yet effective skin care.
Among all these oils, castor oil grabbed one of the top seats in the best natural extracts to use on the skin. Discover more of its benefits for yourself. Here’s a guide to building your custom skin care routine featuring castor oil.
For Preventing and Treating Acne
Acne and breakouts are two of the most common skin care conditions that are highly damaging and also have the ability to impede even your personal life. Castor oil skin care, with its abundance of essential fatty acids and ricinoleic acid, is effective in treating acne. It also helps fight other skin conditions. It also works on soothing some effects of breakouts such as inflamed skin and itchiness.
Its antibacterial property is also responsible for its ability to work against acne. Here’s how you can use castor oil for acne treatment.
For Acne Treatment:
- Take a drop or two of castor oil.
- Use a cotton swab to apply the oil on the affected area. It helps prevent the spread of bacteria.
Make sure to cleanse the face before applying the castor oil to ensure that the skin absorbs it well.
For Overnight Skin Care:
- Before going to bed, wash the face using warm water. Make sure that it is not too hot on the skin. It will open up the pores and help the skin breathe.
- Apply some castor oil on the face and massage gently. Let the product sit on the skin overnight.
- Follow up with a gentle cleanse in the morning.
This overnight treatment is effective in preventing breakouts. Castor oil face care also protects the skin from other conditions.
For Deep Hydration and Longer-Lasting Moisture
Break the dry spell by replenishing the lost hydration of the skin. Boost its volume and radiance by keeping it moisturized. Here’s a simple castor oil recipe that will leave the skin nourished and soft.
For Long-Lasting Moisture:
- Mix castor oil with other suitable essential oils such as jojoba oil, olive oil, or grapeseed oil.
- Put the solution in a small bottle and shake gently to combine.
- Take one or two drops of oil and massage into affected area. Focus on dry patches of the skin.
- Pat off the excess oil and leave the oil on the skin overnight.
- Cleanse the skin in the morning using warm water.
For Deep Hydration:
- Mix ¼ cup of castor oil and ¾ carrier oil like coconut oil.
- Put in a container and shake gently to combine the oils.
- Take a small amount of oil to apply on the face and the rest of the body.
- Let the product sit on the skin and rinse well after a few minutes.
This is effective and safe because this solution does not clog the pores which can lead to worse skin conditions. To get greater benefits, look for trusted brands such as Shiny Leaf, a promising brand of organic skin care products that create high-quality essential oils.
Other Beauty Recipes of Castor Oil
For a pampering face mask, combine 1 teaspoon of castor oil and one egg yolk. Mix the solution well until smooth. Apply on the face and leave the product on for 10-15 minutes. Rinse it off using lukewarm water and pat the skin dry.
As a natural ointment, mix castor oil and coconut oil in equal amounts. Applying it on chapped lips or on sunburns will help soothe them.